5400B Rotor problem Help

I could use some trouble shooting tips for my rotor. The azimuth part tho
mechanically still rotates through 360 degrees the indication both on the
control box and my computer only shows 180 deg travel. The indicator moves
continously while the rotor is moving but at only half the speed it normally
travels showing only 180 deg swing for 360 on the rotor. Since i get the
same reading on both my pc and the control box I assume the problem is
either in the rotor or the wireing from the rotor. I could use some
suggestions.
Bill  KB2RC