Re: Explain Photo?

At 02:58 PM 12/15/2007, jkelly@home wrote:
>Can someone explain to me what actually is happening in this photo?
>
>http://www.eanet.com/kodama/astro/2007/1110a/7.htm

Well, first of all, it is a great shot of Orion showing Barnard's
Loop to the left of Orion ... looks like what it says in the caption,
a fuel dump ....

There was a similar dump from another launch in the past 10 days ...
we had advanced notice of that one and many folks imaged that one ....

Dave Kodama is a quite capable astro-imager ... thanks for posting this!

Dave VE3GYQ/W8
Spencerville, OH

Thomas S. Toth Observatory