Re: EXTREMELY LONG

Thank you, Bob, for your lengthy message! I've been in a similar
situation, with another hobby of mine, where giving folks "both barrels"
meant 16" shells from a battleship, not a shotgun! It's a tough message
to write. I appreciate the time it took you to compose it.

I've been sitting on the fence about whether to join AMSAT or not. I
have yet to have a QSO via any satellite. I was waiting to have a QSO to
decide if it was worth it or not. (I _do_ love 20m! It's a whole lot
easier to get a QSO on 20m Vs. a satellite.)

Your transparency/openness and integrity have swayed me.

So much truth was in your message about the future of Ham Radio! The
relentless bickering on this list had me ready to unsubscribe for the
2nd time. I hope it's over! I'll be joining ASAP. Three cheers for Echo
and P3! (I see the value of a geostationary satellite for emergencies
but it seems too much like just another 2m repeater otherwise....but
that's purely my own opinion!)

Tnx & 73,
Joe WB3CFN <-future AMSAT member :)