Re: ISS Packet activity? I'm having problems and gettingfrustrated

Is your radio's squelch on? If it doesn't open fast enough, the beginning of the packet will be cut off and thus it won't decode. It's best to run with open squelch.

Is your RX audio level too low or too high? Is there noise or hum in the audio? Any of these will make decoding any packet signal almost impossible.

Is there QRN on the frequency? Noise from faulty power lines, industrial equipment or consumer electronics, even if unnoticed by ear, can render the downlink undecodable.

-Joe, N8FQ