Re: Phase 4 versus Eagle

I noticed the new release of SATPC32 12.7 includes Intelsat spacecraft in one of the keplerian/satellite options. You can scroll through them and get an idea of the possibilities and range of footprints. Real life performance will be, as Bob suggests, dependent on our antenna pattern. Other services are usuable from the poles, such as Inmarsat, given enough gain and a clear horizon. MTI uses this as a selling point for their phone with the 4 ft dishes we S-band types are so fond of. So we might work fairly well out to the edge, again, dependent on the antenna.

73, Drew KO4MA