Re: driveway WAS AO-51

w7lrd@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello
> I have set a new goal to accomplish.  I recently received an Arrow antenna.  So armed with my IC-W32A I'm going to work WAS from my driveway.  Is a preamp needed for my configuration?  Should you hear me give me a call.  I'm running out of things to do while waiting for the next HEO.
> 73 Bob W7LRD
> Seattle

I'm totally new to this stuff, but have been working AO-51 with an arrow
and my TH-D7A from
my front yard. I've so far hit Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico (including the DX
pedition on
Socoros Island off of Baja, and South Carolina (as well as lots of
California, Idaho, Oregon
easy places) from my grid in CM87.

The LEO sats have been getting a bit of a bad rap here in all the
fireworks, but this ham
is having fun with them, and hope that in all the acrimony about the
lack of HEO launches,
these fun and useful ambassadors to our hobby continue to be available.

Mark (KF6KYI)