Project Oscar Anniversary

Come on gang, where is everybody?  I was alone on  VO52 this am, an
signals were very strong, but talking to myself about GB0O1.....

I made 4 contacts on AO51 yesterday...the anniversary date...

I was fortunate that I made contact on VO52 with Rick, WA4NVM on
VO52....Now I have an AO7 contact to make to complete the circuit...

Perhaps I am more emotionally involved...I personally knew three of
the designers and builders of Oscar 1, thru low band contacts with
them....I was on active duty in a Squadron on an aircraft carrier so
I had no chance to actively participate, other than to encourage
those three individuals...The three of them are now cq'ing from above....

My first chance to set up a station was Oscar 7, and subsequently got
to meet all three in person...Harley Gabrielson lived here in San
Diego, and saw him often throughout the years....

It is certainly a highlite in AMATEUR SATELLITE RADIO, it was Project
Oscar at the time, became AMSAT, and now it seems AMSAT-NA cares not
to acknowledge the facts,

Kudos to Rob G8ATE, in Jolly Old, for initiating...

                 GB0O1

             GB ZERO OSCAR ONE the callsign for five days to
commemorate the launch of O1 and celebrate PROJECT OSCAR...

Come on guys, get in the act!!

Don't forget the Genesis of all AMSATS, and a means, in my mind, to
promote peace in a small but meaningful way....

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...