Re: [eu-amsat] Fw: AO-7 2000 QSO.

Gene,
          Here's an explanation.

Some days UA9CS Igor works as many as 7 stations on a pass.
Each of these stations enters his callsign -
5 or more passes a day gives a *LOT* of points.

Now maybe people can understand what I was rambling on about these last months re: "points" in the log.

A few months ago, Igor was well behind me, now he's well ahead.
It all depends on how active a person is. Note that the actual figures I quote above are THEORETICAL. Igor doesn't always work 7 stations per pass.

There were *VERY* few stations who worked AO-7 in the 70's. Mostly Americans.

The JH station in 7th place has ammassed several hundred points without one single QSO ... which of course makes a complete mockery of the points system.

As I have mentioned on both reflectors several times. The log is an ACTIVITY log ... *NOT* a contest log. The "points" system is an ill-advised design in my opinion - others may disagree.

Accumulative errors from sloppy entries will eventually make the log show incorrect results.

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>