Re: Phase 4 versus Eagle

Tom said "As a Board member I have wholeheartedly embraced the P4 GEO
concept as

the best (and perhaps only) act in town. I hope that the rest of the

AMSAT members are similarly enthusiastic about the idea. As of now, it

still is only an idea. It may not happen. But I can guarantee that we

are guaranteed to fail if we don't try; and to try we need to know that

the community is behind the effort. Remember that AMSAT is an

all-volunteer effort, and YOU ARE AMSAT."

Well put Tom, if we do not strive to take advantage of the Phase 4
opportunity we will lose the chance to take Amateur Radio to the next level
of technology and experimentation. Eagle is a progressive step Phase 4 is a
leap. We give up nothing in what needs to be developed for Eagle to peruse
the Phase 4. I see our chance to open a whole new dimension for AMSAT and
Amateur Radio to be the biggest plus of Phase 4.

73, and best wishes for this holiday season a wonderful New Year

Dan Briner   AB3EN

ab3en@amsat.org