Re: Bob's Message

>At 08:54 PM 12/11/07 -0500, "Rick Hambly \(W2GPS\)" <w2gps@cnssys.com> wrote:
> >Trevor,
> >
> >The Intelsat opportunity is just that, an opportunity. It's not a sure thing
> >so the Eagle project will be the backup.
>

>Like how the BOD put Eagle on the back burner and instead built Echo so
>people could pass more Grids?

The reason for Echo (a two-user FM voice) escapes me also, Greg.

To me, money down the tubes...

When I fought it to begin with, one of the reasons given was to
increase membership quickly to increase contributions....I have never
seen proof of either increase since.

Profit motives??  I'm sure it sold a bunch of 2 M handhelds.
Increase interest in ham satellite radio??  I doubt it, it has the
same degree of difficulty as a cell phone....Can't imagine that weak
challenge would hold anyone's interest for long, or induce them to
contribute to a HEO.

There was obviously a reason to go the Echo route, but that reason
still escapes me...

Another Oscar 7 or 8 would have been infinitely better...But I was
told, prior to building of Echo, at several conventions, that my
opinion had not been requested, by several powers that were and still are...

But I am still a member and still have a vote!!!

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...