Re: Helix Groundplane?

But since you are looking at the signal from the other side (the back)
of the helix, the circular polarisation appears reversed. Reflecting it
changes this so that it is in phase.

Think of a clock, built from invisible materials except for the hands.
If you stand in front of it, the hands rotate clockwise.
Stand behind it and they appear to be turn anticlockwise. Look at the
rear that is reflected in a mirror and they moving clockwise again.

Now, imagine that radio wave coming towards you....

So, positioned correctly, a reflector behind a helix will add to it's
gain and reduce the beamwidth, won't it?

Sil
ZL2CIA