Got my 70 cm all mode - tips for SSB/CW birds?

Short and sweet, I got my IC-475a in and now have all-mode TRX
capability on 2m and 70cm. So, it's time to try my hand at the 'all
mode' birds.

I guess since FO-29 is in the dark right now, I'm looking at VO-52 and
AO-7, from the AMSAT page.

Can anybody run me down a short list of things to keep in mind, or any
tips or tricks? I'm certain that I'll have to get my tuning kung-fu
polished, but I do intend to at least attempt to control the 70cm radio
via my tracking program.

Are these birds active at all? Can I expect QSO's on afternoon/weekend
passes, or will I need to set up skeds?

Thanks in advance and I hope to work more of y'all soon. If anybody
wants to help me out on these sats, feel free to drop me a line.

Want to buy: One* Molniya orbit sat, an elevation rotator and a hilltop.  ;)

*3 would be even better

73 de Matt
KC4YLV