Re: Where can I buy pre-made feedline?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Mann" <rmann@latencyzero.com>
To: "Dave Guimont" <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>; "WB2LLP" <wb2llp@optonline.net>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 2:25 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Where can I buy pre-made feedline?

> My PL-259s were all silver-plated. So are the Ns, but they are not
> crimp-on; I'll still have to solder them. The part that gets soldered
> is of substantially lower mass than the PL-259, so hopefully it'll go
> better. Sigh.
>
> --
> Rick

Hi Rick,

A connector PL259s can be safely solderd only to the braid of coax
cables with solid dielectric like RG-213 and so on.

If your equipment uses a soket SO-329 to fit in to a PL259 it means
that for the specific frequency a low loss coax cable with lower
dielectric mass like a foam  dielectric is not strictly necessary.

If you like to be happy using a low loss transmission line using foam
dielectric or other special low loss coax cables with lower dielectric
mass than you must replace the SO-239 in your radio with a panel
N/female connector.

It is impossible to have a barrel full of wine and the wife drunk.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico