To: eu-amsat@yahoogroups.com
From: sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:30:24 +0200
Subject: Re: [eu-amsat] Satellite DX

 Good morning John & Group,
you have absolutely right about DXing and AO-7. My
location is a mere example, it's in very good position for orbits over West
& Middle Asia.  Africa too.
However, the Satellite traffic above these areas is very
Except of some former Soviet-Union countries (but
just a few), the rest Asia is like a Ham-desert. I have sent several times
Emails, for example to Indian hams requesting a
sked in order  to make a contact with VU. Nothing at all !  And
keep in mind, VU-land is a new-one for me on
Satellites - but "NO luck" ! (..and my surspise is big enough especially with
VU, as this country has in orbit a HAM Satellite - see VO-52)!
 I don't know if the Afganistan &
Pakistan have anyone active on Sats. I don't think so. Also the Middle
East, just a few peoples they are active, I remember
the 4X & OD-lands.
 Africa?  he he.... here is the real desert
!  TR8CA was active, but he is not anylonger. ZS-land has several peoples,
but never I heard somebody on AO-7. And it's a real DX
that for me, over 7000 Km !
  Therefore, I agree with your comment however I'm
"too much DXCC entities but.... just a few peoples" !!!

Ironically, the 1/4 of planet seems to be without
population !

Q: could be the EU-AmSat Group the campaign leader (with
Emails etc), in order to activate some peoples from these countries on AO-7
 It's a good challenge, I think.
Have a nice day
73 de Mak, SV1BSX