ground rod/plate bonding question

Hello!

I am going to install a large brass plate at the cable entrance to my shack.
I have a large ground rod outside the entrance where everything is going to
be grounded.  I'm planning on using a large piece of copper strap to connect
the plate to the rod.

Is there any substance I can use to clean/prep the copper and the brass?  Is
there a material to use between the two metals to keep them from oxidizing
and keep the bond in good condition?

Thanks

Tyler
KM3G