Re: oscar-1 launched 12 Dec 1961

>gentlemen its coming up to 46 years since the first hamsat was
>launched 12 Dec 1961 and after the success of GB5OSO for 50th Anni
>of Sputnik-1 ,how about some activity or perhaps even an OSCAR day
>similar to Cosmonautics dayRegards Robert G8ATE

GREAT idea, Robert!

Harley Gabrielson k6ds, (w6hek) one of the pioneers I knew in those
days still lives in San Diego.  We chat on the phone occasionally.
Most of the others I knew in that group including Cliff Buttschart,
k6rr are qso'ing in the great beyond...Cliff's old callsign w6hdo is
now assigned to the Cuesta College Radio Club in Morro Bay, CA....

They did a lot  and probably are still doing with the microsats...

I don't possess the know-how to create something like this other than
make a declaration, or you do that, and I'll do what I can to help...
There are a lot of oldtimers still around, but not interested in some
of the garbage that appears on here lately (including mine!) don't
check in that often...So it would need to be announced in the many
other pubs available...

Robert, just invent a name, and go with it!!

I'm sure you would get many takers,  around the world, eventually...

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...