Useless information dept:

About the only thing I havn't tried in radio in 40 odd years is EME - but that is entirely due to aerial (and cash) restrictions.

How does a dedicated QRP operator justify an EME array?  - it just can't be done on a wet shoelace wrapped around a rusty 6 inch nail ... (though I am of the impression that a lot of satellite operators use this particular configuration on AO-7).

I digress - in the aforementioned 40 odd years, that which still gets my juices cooking is a 'fast' CW QSO on AO-7 with either RW3XL or UA9CS ... in Russian.

Now that's !!! international communication by amateur radio.

The kids ought to watch such a QSO in progress (translated live).

Every bit as interesting as the Jay Leno SMS v CW video on U-Tube and it would probably get a few enquiring minds in gear.

(Ah!, there was !!! a point to his waffling.....GM1SXX).

He's the other half of the "twisted pair" folks ... see -

http://www.observations.biz/

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>