Re: Orbitron Help

At 11:08 AM 11/12/2007, GARY ELLIOT wrote:
>when I look at the actual real time position of a satellite say AO51
>on both the AMSAT page and my Orbitron they are very very close, in
>fact look the same to me by eye.
>
>So why are the pass predications so off from each other ?????

If the satellite position is same in the two predictions, but the
azimuth and elevation are different, then the difference must be in
the position of YOUR STATION.  Perhaps you have entered the station
position incorrectly?  I'm not familiar with Orbitron, but a common
problem with many programs is confusing east longitude with west longitude.

On the other hand, when you say "they look the same by eye", that may
not be the best comparison method.  How accurately have you set your
PC's clock?  Low orbiting satellites move over your station quite
quickly.  You want time to be set within a few seconds of the correct
value.  You don't want to be a few minutes off.