Need quick start info please

I am interested in working some satellites and have had success at least
tracking and hearing AO-51. I use Orbitron racking software and my Equipment
consists of a Yaesu FT60 HT programmed with separate up/down frequencies for
the AO-51 bird. My question that I have asked at least 3 other people is
WHAT ARE THE OTHER V/U SATELLITES I CAN USE THAT PASS OVER CALIFORNIA, AND
WHAT ARE THE SCHEDULES / STATUS'S OF THESE SATS? Everyone I spoke with tells
me the same thing, go to amsat website. Well I am confused by all of the old
data that is posted there. All most all of the FAQ and WEEKLY STATUS reports
are 3-5 years old. Can someone just help me out and list the currently
operational V/U sats that I can work?  Would also appreciate comments on
best tracking software, antennas or whatever you can offer to help me get up
to speed. Thank you.

73

KI6GVL