From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org]On
Behalf Of GARY ELLIOT
Sent: Sunday, 11 November 2007 2:36 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [SPAM] [amsat-bb] Satellite Predictions

Hello,

I am brand new to satellites and just getting interested.  I downloaded and
using a satellite tracking program called Orbitron, Yes I realize it is an
old program but the cost was free and until I make a decision to get really
involved in satellites I frankly did not want to put out any money at this
time.  That being said, my problem is that even though both the Orbitron
software and the AMSAT on-line pass predictions have the same Lat/Long
entered I get different data ???? The times are within 5 minutes of each but
the Azm and Elv are way different.  Is there anybody out there using
Orbitron tracking software that I could check with to be sure I have it set
up correctly ?  I am assuming the AMSAT on-line predictions are correct ?
Thanks for any help/comments

73 Gary