Belkin USP to Serial Adapter Cable

I have SatPC32 running my rig off an old tower computer with a serial port.
After purchasing a new Toshiba laptop and Belkin USB/Serial cable. I setup
the com ports and bauds using the device manager and transferred the
interface hw over to the laptop………..but to no avail. The Belkin is
indicating data transmission but the radio does not see it. Moved everything
back to old computer and all is well.

Have tripled checked all the setting on the laptop, SatPC32 and radio but no
luck.

Any help would be appreciated. It appeared to be plug and play but I am not
that naïve, hi hi.

           John

          John Henderson N4NAB

          212 Bayside Drive