Re: Arthur Z. Rowe, N1ORZ Silent Key

Art was one of my first QSOs on 2 meters, he gave me my first signal reports
when I got my radio club's repeater in Boston back in operation. He loaned
out some of his HF equipment to a (then) new Tech Plus ham to get him on the
air, and you could count on him to be on the FM sats or scanning the VHF/UHF
bands. I would guess that a large number of people, not only in AMSAT but in
the general amateur radio community, were touched by his generosity. He was
the embodiment of the Amateur's Code, and I, like many, will morn his
passing.

David Goncalves
W1EUJ