PCSAT-1 & THD7 ?

> I just wonder how successful digi'ing via PCSAT using a TH-D7 has been?

Hi Chris,

I tried Sunday during a 60 degrees pass with
- THD7 full battery (=2.5W)
- 4 elements DL6WU hand held beam

With this setup I can work AO51 always noise-free.

But I could not get a single packet over PCSAT. I think
this is not so much due to PCSAT, but more due to the
fact that it sees 10..20 stations transmitting at the
same time... only the strongest one wins :-(

Sunday I also saw MAILBOX traffic, that can also reduce
the APRS success rate !

Would be interesting to read more reports.

The good news is of course that Europe is a big PCSAT user group !

Henk, PA3GUO
http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo