Re: Wind Turbine Interference?

At 16:28 11/4/07 -0800, you wrote:

>>Wind Turbines are a threat to Homeland Defense. They can produce large Blind
>>Spots on Radars - above, infront and behind them - so yes they can cause
>>problems to RF signals.
>>
>>Effects of Windfarms on Radar
>>http://www.southgatearc.org/news/october2005/windfarms_radar.htm
>>
>Trevor,
>
>That is some pretty good stuff for higher powered xmitters...But I
>doubt there is any instrument sensitive enuff to measure the
>reflection potential from any satellite we will ever launch, and the
>"shadow" that it would cause on a LEO is in less than a
>second...HEO's may take a little longer....
>
>This is conjecture based on my HS physics...I would appreciate
>comments from any of the many engineering experts we have on here...
>
>            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org

		??????????????????????????????????????????????
	WB6LLO,

  1.	I have to admit I do not understand your term "reflection potential
from any satellite".
	I would greatly appreciate an explanation of this effect and how to
calculate its magnitude on a received satellite signal.

  2.	How do you calculate the "shadow time" (of this QRM?) to be less than
a second?

	73s  de  AA1YE

PS:	Checking your QRZ entry and your bio reminds me that I learnt to fly
"Stringbags" in WW2. But the war ended before we were deployed to a
carrier. I should have been older or declared a false age to join.