Re: Simulated Emergency Test via Satellite

Simulated Satellite Emergency Test:

I now see 74 PCSAT-1 users in the last 24 hours on

I cannot count up the SSET emails till I get to work on Monday,  but of those 74 users, 50 of them have sent about 822 messages via PCSAT-1 or ANDE or GO32 or maybe even ARISS over the weekend (2-4 Nov).

By the way, this is NOT just APRS hardware and software.  Anyone with a TNC and a radio can send their SSET checkin email.  Just set your TNC BTEXT as follows:

BT :EMAIL....:YOUR_EMAIL@WHATEVER.COM checking in for SSET!...

Oh, replace the 4 dots after the word EMAIL with four spaces.
The above format is an APRS message that will get ingested into the global APRS system and will get emailed to your_EMAIL (or any other email address you specify).

Set beacon to once every minute if attended until you see success.  If unattended, set to once every 5 minutes.

If successful, you will receive that message via your EMAIL.  This demonstrates your ability to enter a EMAIL and or position and or status from anywhere on the planet in case of emergency TO any email address..

Join the SSET (Satellite Simulated Emergency Test)!