Re: Wind Turbine Interference?

--- Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com> wrote:
> That is some pretty good stuff for higher powered xmitters...But I
> doubt there is any instrument sensitive enuff to measure the
> reflection potential from any satellite we will ever launch, and the
> "shadow" that it would cause on a LEO is in less than a
> second...HEO's may take a little longer....

It'll all depend on proximity of the receiving station to the turbine.

The Wind Turbines on the Orkneys killed TV reception for the local inhabitants,
hence the need to resite the TV transmitters. If high power TV transmitters
can't get through them will weak signals from Amateur satellites fare any
better ?

Agreed for a LEO the affect may be shortlived but I'd say it would be more than
just a second.

73 Trevor M5AKA