Re: Surface Mount Repair

Hi again Guys,

Success!  Thanks to all the replies I got with advice on how to remove
the surface mount IC.  I applied heat from the blow side of my solder
station and it popped off after a little bit with a little help at one
corner.  I had lifted all 22 leads from their pads first so I wouldn't
damage a pad when it popped off.  There were four small round glue spots
down the middle of the bottom of the IC.  Pads 1 and 22 were oversize so
it was easy to spot the replacement IC with a good blob of solder on
those two pads before I started soldering down the other pins.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

--
Roy -- W0SL