Re: AO-7 Mode A difficulties

Hi Bob
you are not the only one that struggles with AO7 mode A,I find that even 30w into a 6 el Quad pointed at the bird gives a good downlink ,it also depends on how good your Rx antenna is as well as things like background noise levels.Regards Robert G8ATE > Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:18:10 -0700> From: bob@evoria.net> To: amsat-bb@amsat.org> Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-7 Mode A difficulties> > I've made several attempts efforts to work AO-7 on > Mode A, but I just don't seem to be able to manage it. > I can hear CW signal, and if I whistle into the mike, but I > just can't hear my voice well enough to even attempt a > QSO.> > I'm using an 80 watt Mirage brick into an RHCP moxon > pair pointed straight up. I don't have any problems getting > into the FM sats with this setup. Is it because I'm only getting > about 40 watts EIRP from this and that's simply not enough> for AO-7 Mode A?> > Bob - AE6RV> _______________________________________________> Sent via AMSAT-BB@amsat.org. Opinions expressed are those of the author.> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!> Subscription settings: http://amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb