Re: OT Re: Re: Right Angle BNC adapters

Funny!  May be the formal-legal usage elsewhere but it is never used
when describing the time zone "in print" in Alaska.
So I guess time in New York is NYST...Ha!  Half the time when you
give someone our state abbreviation they guess Arkansas?

OK AKST it is.  No one in Alaska will know what you mean.

73 Ed

At 04:52 PM 11/3/2007, Glenn Little WB4UIV wrote:
>Alaska time is either AKST or AKDT (standard time, daylight time).
>AST is Atlantic Standard time.
>
>See <http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/akdt.html>
>
>73
>Glenn
>WB4UIV
>
>  At 06:10 PM 11/03/07, you wrote:
>>ONLY If you live in the east, John!
>>
>>Up here it's Alaska Standard Time (AST).  You get extra points in the
>>next contest if you know the time difference between AST and UTC...no
>>peeking :-)
>>EST-UTC = -5 hours.
>>
>>73 Ed - KL7UW
>>
>>At 02:32 PM 11/3/2007, John Marranca, Jr wrote:
>> >Frank:
>> >
>> >That's what I have come to wonder!  I read that some place before
>> as well.AST
>> >
>> >MIL-SPEC vs. "the spring".  Hmm....which is better.....
>> >

>> >Thanks for reminding me of something that I ALMOST forgot about.
>> >
>> >Remember to change your SMOKE DETECTOR BATTERIES, my friends.  It's Eastern
>> >STANDARD time tonight.
>> >
>> >John KB2HSH

>> adapters?  I
>> affecting my rx on

>> >--
>> >_______________________________
>> >

>> >John Marranca, Jr
>> >PBX Technician/Shop Steward CWA Local 1122
>> >BN Systems, Inc
>> >Orchard Park, NY
>> >(716)972-2006
>>
>>73,
>>Ed - KL7UW
>>   BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
>>144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
>>DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com

Ed - KL7UW