Surface Mount Repair

Hi Guys,

I am trying to replace a 22 pin surface mount IC on a piece of Panasonic
video quipment.  I have all of the leads unsoldered but now I find that
the IC is stuck to the board, maybe intentionally.  It doesn't appear to
be just the circuit board coating.  It's more like the whole bottom
surface is cemented.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone, off line, who has experience in
removing a stuck IC from the board.  I have tried flux removerand 91%
Isopropal Alcohol with no luck.  I hesitate to force it or destroy the
chip since there are traces running beneath it.  Any ideas of a safe
solvent or another way to unstick this thing?

--
Roy -- W0SL