Re: ARISS digi inop?

On Nov 2, 2007, at 3:24 PM, JoAnne Maenpaa wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
>> it's beaconing today, but no packets are making it through.
>> Does anyone have some clarifying information?
>
> I've also seen only the packet beacons from ISS on 145.825 with no
> other
> digi's making it through.  I'm only guessing but perhaps the rig
> upstairs
> has been set into split frequency operation using either the 145.200
> or
> 144.490 uplink inputs ... i.e.: its not listening on 145.825.
>
> Meanwhile, PCSAT-1 seems to be making a comeback for daylight
> operations on
> 145.825.  This has been working nicely.

There are EVA's going on.

All the Amateur transmitters are off for safety reasons, like they
always are during EVA activity, I assume.

You won't see ISS on the ham bands again until after the Shuttle leaves.

If you weren't aware the Shuttle is there, they're doing some rather
interesting repairs on a damaged solar array... worth catching up on,
if you haven't been watching the space news.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com