Re: Quadrifilar Helices

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Marranca, Jr" <KB2HSH@amsat.org>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:46 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Quadrifilar Helices

> Does anyone know of a website or of construction plans for an 70 cm
> Quadrifilar Helix antenna?  I have heard that they work quite well for an
> omni-directional LEO antenna.  I am looking for an improvement over my
> Eggbeaters, which have been excellent thus far.
>
> Thanks
>
> John KB2HSH

Hi John, KB2HSH

Radio Rivista 10/1998 pages 23 to 30 carries out an article specific for a
Quadrifilar Helix Antenna designed for 70 cm.
The article is in italian but you can follow the drawings and pics and since
it is difficult for you to find Radio Rivista I have sent to you a zipped
file of the article in a separate email wich is 2.71 MB long.

AMSAT JOURNAL May/June 2004 pages 6 to 10 carries out an article specific
for a QFA at 2400 MHz but there are conversion factors in it to scale the
antenna for 70 cm
In addition there are general informations on how to wound both coils to get
RHCP or LHCP as well to connect the loops to get backfire or endfire
radiation.

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico