Re: Phase 4

Patrick Green wrote:
> The best part of this is the *rotorless* antenna setup needed to work.
> Also, if you are in a condo, it looks just like a satellite dish ;-).  I
> definitely see membership growing because of this.  Just need to buy the
> expensive SSB rig, amps, transverters, etc..
>
> 73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.

The condo dweller will not need the expensive SSB rig, amps, etc.  The
linear transponder cannot be sized to support the condo dweller.  We do
not have sufficient territory for the antenna this would require.  The
condo dweller is our target for the digital transponder.  It will
provide hundreds of channels for voice,  some for TV,data. etc.  This
will use the smaller antenna the condo dweller WITH A SOUTHERN EXPOSURE
can use.  There are always thorns on a  rose.

Bob
N4HY

--
“An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why
must the pessimist always run to blow it out?” Descartes