Re: Ride to space

Wayne Estes wrote:
> Bob N4HY wrote:
>
> Thanks to the efforts of Lee McLamb, EVP AMSAT, we discovered a new
> opportunity to get our communications packages and antennas on board
> Intelsat launches.
>
> Wayne W9AE replies:
>
> Is this for a "piggyback" communication package attached to a larger
> satellite, or a secondary payload that deploys separately?
>
> Wayne Estes W9AE
> Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik

Intelsat offers both!  We are asking for Piggy back for us and will ask
for secondary payload should it be required for P3E.

We just have to face some very very hard realities.  There has not been
a high earth orbit bird from us for years because of the lack of
launches available to us.  We have to be creative to get them launched.
  We are attempting to do exactly that.  In our case, what makes us
attractive to funding is piggyback.

Bob

--
“An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why
must the pessimist always run to blow it out?” Descartes