Re: Amateur Radio Phase IV Lite Geostationary PayloadAnnounced

Michael Fletcher wrote:
> Ah,
>
> so here would be the window of opportunity for AMSAT-EU to start
> similar negotiations with Arianespace...
>
> How about interlinking capability between the two geo-birds ;-)
>
> Michael, OH2AUE

Michael:

If we get our way with Intelsat,  there will be more than one payload
and we are asking for large spacing.

They asked us about interlinking.  I think it will be hard satellite to
satellite because of path loss and pointing requirements for the
necessary gain.  The path loss would be larger than the path loss to the
ground because of the increased distance.  We can do sat-> ground -> sat
easily enough.

Bob

--
“An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why
must the pessimist always run to blow it out?” Descartes