Re: AMSAT annual meeting

Quoting "Alan P. Biddle" <APBIDDLE@UNITED.NET>:

> Bob,
>
> >>  Otherwise, wait for a month or two for the journal to come out.
>
> Right.  Nobody on AMSAT-BB would ever blab!  :)
>
> See you there, and hoping to win the FlexRadio door prize.
>

> 73s,
>
> Alan
> WA4SCA

Have a wonderful time, folks. I look forward to the proceedings publication.

This discussion puts me in mind of an improvement to AMSAT which has been
bouncing around in my mind for some time. What about a more expensive
annual membership fee which would allow the user access to pdf versions of
AMSAT-NA publications plus, say, pdfs of the journals from AMSAT-UK and
AMSAT-DL.

I know there would be considerable web development that this would entail,
as well as an agreement between the various AMSATs (if the second part of
the idea were to be acted on), but I think it would add much to our
community. Any new satellite operator would be crazy not to purchase this
upgrade and have access to, say, Gould's fine books. Furthermore, in the
course of discussion on this list helping one another, we could point
directly to a page of the pdf. More experienced operators would appreciate
the articles from the other AMSATS, which often are the first place
announcements are made about their prospective birds.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP