Re: Equipment.

At 07:07 PM 10/19/2007, SV1BSX wrote:

>..very interesting that dr Tony !!!
>
>Well, probably you  remember me, I had several questions about ITUNE
>in order to do it
>workable with my vintage V-U,  but finally worked just perfect.
>
>After your Email I wonder about "ITUNE.cfg", as I can't see any line
>about LPT's ports, just for COM-ports (=serial ports).
>
>Are you using LPTs?  If  yes,  how's that?

Hi Mak,

Sure I remember, it was about a year ago I recall.

There are no commands for the LPT ports because there is
nothing to configure, you just put the LPT port number in
the radio command. Here is an example. Lets say you have a
2-meter FT-290 on LPT1 and a 70cm FT-790 on LPT2 and you want
work AO-07 on mode B. The complete config would be as follows:

---

satellite AO-07 B               ; for mode B
transponder 578.1 invert
beacon 145.975 cw
rx micbutton 1 145.975 100      ; FT-290 on LPT1, 100 Hz step size
tx micbutton 2 432.125 100      ; FT-790 on LPT2, 100 Hz step size

---

This will start tuning at the beacon. If you prefer
to start in the middle of the passband, just
change the frequencies like this:

satellite AO-07 B               ; for mode B
transponder 578.1 invert
beacon 145.950 cw               ; really the middle of the passband
rx micbutton 1 145.950 100
tx micbutton 2 432.150 100

note that these are the nominal frequencies. My FT-290 was off
by 300 Hz so you may have to play with them a little for your radios.

73,
Tony AA2TX