An AO-7 observation

In the three minutes before AO-7 switched to Mode A there was a marked
increase in the downlink signal. The switch occured at ~0141z. Prior to
this timeframe I heard some CW just over the noise but could not copy.
QSO with WA6DIR was interupted with the mode change.

I can't determine if the increased signal was due to a shift in relative
polarization or an AO-7 internal process, but it's orbital path was more
or less parallel to the sun line at about 48 degrees latitude. It might be
of interest to gather  more observations just before mode changes.

KC8ZFN
John