Foxhunting via satellite

I am giving a presentation about satellite tracking software to the local club next week.

Their theme for the year is fox hunting.   I thought I remembered that some time in the past there was talk of or an actual event that took place of doing a foxhunt via amateur satellite.  I seem to remember something about transmitting a tone and using the shift to determine the location.
Now this may be a couple of cross synapes and I am getting my stories mixed.

If anyone knows of any such event or better yet participated in one, please let me know and pass along some of the particulars.

Thanks,
Gould, WA4SXM