Re: AO-7 weak signal.

At 11:18 AM 10/9/2007, you wrote:

>Taking into account the age of the solar panels ... (31 years) ...
>it's a safe bet that they are *NOT* producing anywhere near what
>they did in 1974. It's anybody's guess exactly how many watts the
>mode-B transponder is producing these days.

Hi John,
Very interesting reading all the comments on good old O7!!  Keep them
coming!!  We need all the interest we can in multi-channel
communications instead of the "2 user" FM one AMSAT-NA  recently
spent the money on...

I've mentioned on here before that Andy and I worked it 22 years
apart, and I'm using the same antennas!!
I don't "remember" that much of a difference in sig strength so I'm
going to GUESS that my present homebrew pre-amp is better than the
homebrew one I was using then..

But certainly not doubting that  AO7's power out has been reduced....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...