Re: Terrestrial QRM to FM satellites

I thought I'd give a status, since we may be making some progress,
and it might not do to have a bunch of people fighting the same
battle and contacting the same people.

On numerous AO-27 passes lately, there has been a CW ID followed
by that squawk we discussed.  Another lister, KA3HSW, has
verified that he heard a signal on 145.850 and has volunteered to ask
the Illinois Repeater Group to contact the person owning the call.
Obviously, this will take some time, but hopefully it will end up with one
less repeater on the AO-27/SO-50 uplink frequency.  In the meantime
we will probably continue to have periodic blocking/desensing of both
satellites on the Central US passes.

Bob - AE6RV