Re: AO51 L/U BB

Hi Bruce,

It looks like you need to change your Wisp settings for AO-51--both the Broadcast Callsign and BBS Callsign values need to be PECHO-11.   That will fix your "frames heard" issue, and you should get some BB data.

I haven't been able to get into the BBS on L band yet either; I have about 1 watt at the antenna (20 turn helix) and with trees, etc. it apparently hasn't been enough.

I saw both WA4SXM and KO4MA in the queue, so it appears to be working.  We have reports of a few others' success, too.  You might do as I am--keep trying :)

A lack of success has caused me to browse around for a 1.2GHz amplifier;  I see Down East Microwave carries nice amps; wonder where else somebody might suggest looking?

73,

Mark N8MH

>Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:54:48 -0400
>From: "Cox" <snyderb@cox.net>
>Subject: [amsat-bb]  AO51 L/U BB
>To: "Amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
>
>BB
>
>   During the AO51 pass tonight most of the Wisp D/L data showed, frames
>heard PECHO-11. When it was just north of my grid, FM16vt, KO4MA was able to
>get into the queue but no others including my station.
>
>73 Bruce KG4YEV

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]