Re: Longwindedness

Some of us old(er) timers can remember the KL7 who used to hold court for
hours in the AO-10/AO-13 days.  Plenty of bandwidth, but he used enough
power to bounce the entire passband through the AGC, making things difficult
for everybody else.  One of the first points I make to people I Elmer is
that the FM birds are generally not good for communications, but only for
making contacts.  Most people either adapt to that quickly, and/or move to
the remaining linear birds.  Still, there are always a few problem children
among us.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA