Sputnik One broadcast

Clear copy of AO-51 message and Sputnik transmission
at 0001 UTC from my balcony with a three element hand held
UHF antenna.

"Congratulations on the 50th anniversary of the launching of
Sputnik One" followed by bursts of data.

We alerted the community here in Ottawa on a local repeater
giving all coordinates and several stations copied and greatly
enjoyed the exercise.

Thanks for the efforts.

Maurice-Andre Vigneault, VE3VIG
AMSAT-NA member #36358