Re: Thanks for the AO-51/Sputnik event

Hi!

> My thanks and congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to make the
> Sputnik event happen.  My adult children who grew up after Sputnik now know
> what it sounded like and my grand-children thought they were listening to a
> spaceship.

I was - and still am - planning on listening to the 0308 UTC pass, but got home
in time to hear the 0131 UTC pass.  A low pass for me, 14 degrees maximum
elevation, but no problems with the additional downlink power.  Nice, simple
transmission.  Well done, whoever was uplinking that pass!

Time to get things set up for the upcoming pass, and get the family out in
the driveway to hear it.  73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/