Re: N-type connectors for LMR-400 Ultraflex

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:28:01 -0400, David AA4KN wrote:
> As I recall, the last time I had to attach N connectors to LMR-400
> Ultraflex coax, I had to cut off at least 2 strands of the cable's
> center conductor in order to make it fit into the N connector I was
> given. Can anyone recommend a preferred N connector plug that is
> designed to fit LMR-400 Ultraflex without having this problem?

Times Microwave sells an LMR connector that fits correctly.  From the Texas Towers price list:

LMR-200, LMR-240, LMR-400
  PL-259ST, UHF Male, Silver Teflon   $2.49
	9913-NM, N Male Compression Type    $4.95

Using these connectors, I've never had any problems fitting the LMR-400 to the connector.

73 Wayne N5WD
   R. Wayne Day    N5WD    n5wd@charter.net
   IRLP Node 3997 -> Lake Worth, Texas
   Fort Worth, Texas  USA