Icom AG-35 preamp question (2/2)

Hi,

Thanks to K5MAN for the AG-35 manual copy, including schematic.

For the benefit of anyone else considering an AG-35, I thought I'd pass
along what I've found so far.

I was able to read most of the scanner manual pages 100%, and from what I
can see, the AG-35 uses a 78L08 voltage regulator. Seems that the TO-92
package was/is the most common, so I doubt that there's really much heatsink
area?

The datasheet for the 78L08 shows that a maximum of 23 volts should be
applied to the input, and the AG-35 manual specifies 9-15 volts input. I'm
guessing that
Icom under-rated the voltage input due to the small heatsink area?

Anyhow, I'm a little worried that my AO-40 bias tee will run the AG-35 hot.
Guess I'll put a little bias-tee together and use 13.8v station power.. Now
just to find the time! <grin!>

73,

Kyle Yoksh
KØKN