Re: Pre-Amp power

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't remember anyone pointing
out that the preamp is essentially off in transmit mode.  Considering
that transmit normally uses a lot more than 180ma on most
rigs, there should be plenty of extra power available in receive
mode.  On the ARR preamps, there is only 10ma used during
transmit.  It's hard to think that any rig's PSU wouldn't have
an extra 10ma available during transmit.

Bob - AE6RV