Re: Preamps on IC-910

----- Original Message -----
From: "WB2LLP" <wb2llp@optonline.net>
To: "AMSAT -BB" <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 8:14 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Preamps on IC-910

> I am trying to improve my satellite receiving capability but find it
interesting that I can not find anything in the IC-910 literature that
specifies how much current the radio can supply  for a pre-amp.  It is also
interesting to note that they do not specify the current drawn by their
pre-amps, or their noise figure.

> Gene
> WB2LLP

Hi Gene, WB2LLP

The sensitivity of  the IC-910 in SSB is 0.11 uV for 10 dB S/N and so the
computed Noise Figure is about 4 dB

73" de

i8CVS Domenico