Preamps on IC-910

I am trying to improve my satellite receiving capability but find it interesting that I can not find anything in the IC-910 literature that specifies how much current the radio can supply  for a pre-amp.  It is also interesting to note that they do not specify the current drawn by their pre-amps, or their noise figure.

I want to use ARR preamps but can not determine if the radio can safely supply the 200 ma they want. I would certainly not want to damage the radio trying to improve the hearing.  I assume that there is someone on this reflector who is using those pre-amps on a 910 and confirm that it works or does not work.

The other question might be is it safer to power the pre-amps from a separate supply.  This might make it safer when reversing the up and down bands.

Gene
WB2LLP